Nancie here, back a few days later with an essential for this post. I’m adding the recipe for Kelly’s sweet treat of a choco-pecan pie, down beneath my original post on 10/10/10.
Ten minutes away from airtime on the Morning Show with Chuck and Don, so I can’t do much more right now than tell you that this pie looks fabulous, and I know it will taste fabulous, but I can’t verify that cause it’s still warm from the oven. And I get to talk with Chuck and Don on the air while it cools down. Life is good! Back later this morning with the recipe….
Took me longer than ‘later this morning’ as I predicted on Monday, but here at long last is the recipe for this tasty pie, from “Cooking with Kelly” of the Chuck and Don Show on KMA Radio of Shenandoah, Iowa.
- 1 refrigerated piecrust (from 15 oz box)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fit the piecrust into a 9 inch pie plate, crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to fill. In a large bowl, beat eggs then beat in flour then sugar. Stir to combine...
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla until combined. Fold in chopped pecans and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Place remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over top of pie. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Serves 8 to 10
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 781Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 115mgSodium 190mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 5gSugar 39gProtein 11g